Monday 5 March 2012

Gift Ideas - Scrapbook Style

Have you ever been stuck for gift ideas? I know I get that way sometimes, and being the type of person who loves giving gifts, I like to buy or make something I think the recipient will really love or enjoy. Today I thought I'd share with you some of the Christmas gifts I made for extended family members.

I was inspired by my love of papercrafts with these projects!


I found some great black frames  (and bought every frame the store had) which fitted a standard 12"x 12" sheet of scrapbook paper and set to work creating what I hoped would be attractive layouts which could be displayed on the wall and just needed the recipients to add their own choice of photos.


Each colour scheme was chosen with the particular recipient/s in mind and because everything was going to be behind glass, I worked at keeping the page embelishments as flat as possible.


In hindsight, the one thing that would have been much better would have been to have non-reflective glass in the frames and perhaps if you were just making one or two it would be worth the extra financial outlay.  When I made these though, I actually made quite a large number of them, so it wouldn't have been practical when I was trying to keep within a budget.


I'm not the greatest photographer, so the photos really don't do these justice at all.  They looked so much better in real life.

These were a really fun project to work on, looked amazing when completed and were relatively inexpensive.  The only sad part was that I didn't have a spare frame left to be able to make one up for my own family.  Oh well, a project for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment