Sunday 11 March 2012

Playgroup Crafts

The beginnings of my week are always busy with preparations for our Playgroup.  I co-ordinate a local community Playgroup and love being part of this group of wonderful ladies and children. 

You don't realise just how many needy people there are out in our communities until you volunteer your time and get involved in people's lives.  It is such a priviledge to be there to help others and to offer one of life's greatest gifts, friendship. 

Over the years I've seen so many positive changes in people and it all stems from them finding a place to connect with others, where they are accepted for who they are and strong bonds of friendship have had the chance to develop.  I know I am biased, but we have such a wonderful group of people who meet together each week!

So with Easter coming up, I am starting to work on Easter themed crafts.  Here is what I have been putting together today . . .


While I love craft with a passion, I must say it really doesn't extend over to children's crafts.  I can do them, but I certainly don't love doing them.  I'm not very original and rely heavily upon our local library or the internet for ideas for kid's crafts.  It can be a challenge to find things that are age appropriate as well. 

My two youngest daughters love making crafts and so they are usually quite eager to make up my sample crafts for the week, once I have all the pieces cut out and ready.

Here is a Peacock picture we made a few weeks ago, it was relatively simple and the kids all enjoyed making these.



If you know of any resources or websites with great kid's craft ideas - especially in the 2-5 year old bracket, I would love to hear from you!

Once my preparations for Playgroup are all complete, I am planning to start piecing squares together for a new quilt I started working on over the weekend.  I will share more about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment