Tuesday 3 April 2012

Papercrafts - Stamping & Card Making

It is the school holidays here where we live and we have been enjoying the break from the usual busy schedules we have.  It's been fun to include a little craft into our days - what better way to relax and have a little fun!

I don't know if you remember this little stamp set - it was one I fell in love with and bought at the recent Craft Show I went along to.


I really do love all the very cute owl designs which are around at the moment.  So here are a few photos to show you what I got up to while playing with my new stamps . . . and a few new inks and pens . . . you can never have too many colours . . . right?!!


I stamped the owl in green first, the ink has a shimmery sheen to it and it really did look nice, but with all the green background I had put together, well it was just a little over-done with all the green, so I re-did another owl in black ink.  The owl is rather cute - with roaming eyes which give it a whimsical look.  Here is the finished card.


While doing some stamping I used one of our cute LaLa-Lands Stamps, Princess Marci.  My girls really love these stamps and I must admit that I like quite a few of them myself.  We now have a few in our small collection.  If you like the look of this cute princess and aren't familiar with them, you must check out the LaLa-Lands Crafts Website.  You will find card samples made up using all of their stamp designs and those cards truly are amazing ~ well worth the look.


The final card I have to share with you is made using a new set of stamps I gave to my mother-in-law for Christmas.  We share our supplies when we get together which gives us twice the variety to choose from. 


These stamps are Kanban Brand and the set is called Mocha Boudoir.  Every stamp in the set is gorgeously feminine!


I ordered them from the UK via Ebay, but I've just done a quick search and found some here so that you can take a look.

So you can see it was quite a relaxing few hours playing with papercraft supplies.  Just as well we have a large table to work around because we had 3 of my children, my mother-in-law and myself all stamping and making cards at once - you can imagine the clutter and mess!  So worth it though, it was lots of fun!!!!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment