Thursday 15 November 2012

Lace Doily Stamps - More Handmade Cards

The countdown is on . . . for the final weeks in our school year that is!  I knew it would be a fast term, but I can't believe how quickly the weeks are racing by ~ and my lists of things that need to be done during these final weeks is growing by the day.  Why is it that this is always the most busy time of the year?  But there is also a lot of excitement that culminates around everything going on, especially with the lead up to Christmas.
 
Like many schools, ours has a presentation night at the end of the year, this one especially for high school students.  We are so proud of our oldest daughter, she has worked very hard this year and been very focused on her school assignments and it was beautiful to see her absolute joy when she received awards for two different subjects this year.  One of those very special moments when you just love being a parent!
 
Well with everything else that has been going on, I have actually managed to slip in a little bit of papercraft activity and finally tried out a new set of stamps which I purchased at the last craft show I went to.


The set I used is the one in the top right corner.  They look like little lace doilies in a variety of shapes and sizes.


I didn't have a lot of time and wanted to keep the design simple so I could get a couple of variations made.  I love laces and everything pretty and feminine, so these stamps really appeal to me.


I was even able to color co-ordinate everything, which is very much my style too.  The inks I used were some new ones I purchased earlier in the year from Close to My Heart.  They are so pretty!  The dots are all made using Liquid Pearls and the flowers were actually white flowers and I coloured them to match using my Copic Pens. 


I had to try out one using the Eiffel Tower stamp too!

So there you go, quick and easy, quite literally.  A few more nice cards for the collection of handmade cards.

I hope you have been enjoying your own crafty projects this week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment